CrowdStrike Falcon Device Control
Endpoint USB Device Protection
Ensures safe device usage, visibility and granular control: the industry's only cloud-delivered device control solution
Ensuring Safe and Accountable Device Usage
The portability and usability of USB devices make them essential in today’s enterprise environments. Yet these devices pose a significant security risk, bringing malware into organizations and leaking data out. Although device control solutions exist, they don’t provide the contextual visibility and granular control required to understand and manage today’s powerful devices.
Falcon Device Control™ ensures the safe utilization of USB devices across your organization. Built on the Falcon platform, it uniquely combines visibility and granular control, allowing administrators to ensure that only approved devices are used in your environment. When used with Falcon Insight™, visibility is extended, adding searchable history and logs of USB device usage, including files written to devices.
Leveraging the power of the CrowdStrike platform and accessed through the Falcon management console, Falcon Device Control is the industry’s only 100 percent cloud-delivered and managed device control solution.
- Mitigate risks associated with USB devices
- Gain automatic visibility on USB device usage
- Control device usage with precision
- Implement and manage policies without hassle
Empowers you with immediate USB device visibility and protection at your fingertips
You want your users to be able to use their portable devices without being exposed to the inherent risks. That’s why Falcon Device Control provides the granular visibility and control needed to enable safe device usage, while leveraging the extensibility of the Falcon platform.
Viibility and granular control
Falcon Device Control provides visibility over USB device usage and granular control over utilization, for fast and easy mitigation of the risks associated with those devices.
Enable Safe and Accountable USB Device Usage
Mitiagte Risks Associated with USB Devices
Falcon Device Control provides the visibility and granular control required to enable safe usage of USB devices across your organization
Gain Automatic Visibility of USB Device Usage
Automatically delivers the complete visibility you need, allowing you to monitor how USB devices are used in your environment
Control Device Usage with Precision
Enables you to determine precisely what devices are allowed or restricted, and the granular level of access granted to each device
Implement and Manage Policies with Ease
Falcon Device Control does not require any additional endpoint software installation or hardware to manage
Gain Control of USB Devices
Effortless Visibility Across USB Device Usage
- Provides automatic visibility across USB device usage
- Automatically discovers and captures detailed device information
- Includes pre-built dashboards and powerful search
Precise and Granular Policy Control
- Offers granular access rights
- Provides device identification by vendor, product or serial number
- Enables easy policy creation workflow
- Allows you to test policy impact prior to enforcement
Seamless Integration with Falcon Endpoint Protection
- Managed via one agent, one console and one platform
- Provides 100 percent cloud-delivered device control
- Is integrated with CrowdStrike Falcon endpoint protection, in a single agent
Extend Falcon Insight Visibility
- Gain access to searchable history and logs of USB device utilization
- Monitor files written to USB storage
Key Product Capabilities
Discover Device Automatically:
- Discover devices automatically: Gain continuous insight into USB devices across your organization, including those not covered by a policy. Falcon Device Control automatically reports device type (e.g. mass storage, human interface, etc.) with manufacturer, product name, and serial number. You have visibility into all devices operating over the USB bus, including internal/ non-removable USB devices and those not categorized as USB by Windows, such as Bluetooth.
- A wealth of information at your fingertips: Immediately see which devices are used in your environment and how they are being used at a glance via usage dashboards. Falcon Device Control provides insight into processes executed from USB storage, users, and hosts where USB devices were used.
- Immediate and powerful search capabilities: Falcon Device Control provides fast and powerful search capabilities. Examine your environment for vital information such as the devices used on a specific machine. When used with Falcon Insight, search expands to include historical logs of device usage or blocking.
- Extend Falcon Insight visibility: Monitor files written to storage, giving you visibility into what's being copied to devices.
Precise and Granular Policy Enforcement
- Strict policy enforcement: Define device control policies for endpoint groups, whitelist and blacklist devices by class, vendor, product serial number and/ or specific device ID. Define device control policies for endpoints both on and offline.
- See the impact of policies before implementing them: Alerts and dashboards allow you to see how your policies will impact users before rolling them out.
- Define granular policies for drives: Allows read/write or read-only access, while blocking execution of applications on USB drives.
- Automatically get device information for quick and easy policy creation and management workflows: Falcon Device Control automatically obtains devices’ vendor, class model and serial number, without requiring the use of external tools or device managers, allowing you to create policies for all devices being used in your environment.
Seamless Integration with Falcon Endpoint Protection
- One agent, one console, one platform: As a 100 percent cloud managed and delivered solution, Falcon Device Control is enabled via the same lightweight Falcon agent, managed by the same console, and fully integrated with the Falcon platform.
- Immediate implementation and management: Falcon Device Control hits the ground running and is operational in minutes.
Download the CrowdStrike Falcon Device Control Datasheet (.PDF)